Candle-lite - Social Responsibility
Candle-lite is proud of the many ways their employees "make a difference." Our employee volunteer connection reflects hundreds of hours in hundreds of ways that our team has contributed to community and national endeavors.
Here are the highlights of just a few of the organizations that benefit from Candle-lite volunteer involvement.
- Girl Scouts of America - Many employees are active as leaders, assistant leaders and a Service Unit Manager.
- Freestore/Foodbank - Annual food drives help this Cincinnati organization feed over 200,000 people a year.
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Giving Program - Another holiday tradition - assists with holiday needs and wishes of families.
- Races - Employees from both our office and our manufacturing facility have participated in fund raisers such as the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, the MS Bike Tour and MS Challenge Walk and the National Kidney Foundation walk.
- Habitat for Humanity - Volunteer activities, literally "building" from the ground up.
- Relay for Life - A celebration of survivorship and cancer research fund raiser sponsored by the American Cancer Society.
- Casa/GAL - A Court Appointed Special Advocate that reports to juvenile courts in the best interest of children in the foster care system.