Dedicated to Candles from the Beginning
Candle-lite has long been recognized as the leader in the decorative candle manufacturing industry. We proudly celebrate over 170 years of continuous candle making.
Our history is as interesting as the depth and breadth of our current candle product line. Candle-lite's roots go back to the year 1840, when an English settler by the name of Thomas Emery traveled door to door selling candles and numerous other household items. His venture continued to grow and eventually, his son Thomas Jr. and his wife Mary furthered the expansion by moving the candle manufacturing facility to the Cincinnati, Ohio suburb of Mariemont. The company was known then as "The Emery Candle Division of Emery Industries."
The Emery Family maintained control of the business until 1952 when Al Levinson and John Margo purchased the candle business, renamed the company "Candle-lite", and moved the entire operation to Leesburg, Ohio. In 1972 Candle-lite was acquired by Lancaster Colony Corporation of which it remains a division today. Candle-lite division offices are located in Cincinnati, Ohio, with its expanded 900,000 sq. ft. manufacturing plant, warehouse and distribution center still in the village of Leesburg. Our proud attention to detail and dedication to making the finest mass produced home interior candles is as keen as Mr. Emery's was in 1840. The extensive line of Candle-lite products can be found in major retailers across the United States and Canada and in many fine stores throughout the world market.